Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Manicure

I saw this manicure on The Nailasaurus' blog and thought it was so cute and interesting looking.  It was surprisingly very simple.  I bought Sinful Color's - Aquamarine but had yet to use it so when I saw this manicure, I thought I can incorporate the pretty blue color and had the perfect jelly pink - Sally Hansen's Love Rocks to go with it.  When I began I started using a thin short painting brush from Michael's craft store.  That was a mistake.  The lines were way too thick and messy looking.  So since I don't own an actual nail art brush, I used a striper polish brush that I clean well with acetone.  That made a huge difference.  My lines are no way exactly straight and my right hand is not very neat since I'm right handed, but I was happy with the way it turned out.  It was my first attempt at a manicure of this type and my first time using a nail art brush in this way.  Tonight I will work on getting up the pictures of the giveaway for next week.  Thanks for visiting!!

3 comments:

  1. I just love this! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought this was a stamp, but now I want to try this design free hand! Cute color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I loved it when I saw it on Nailasaurus so I had to try it out. It was so easy! You would just have to have the right brush. Nail art brushes are actually part of my next giveaway. You should try it though, its just so easy & once I got the hang of after a couple of nails, the rest took literally less than 5 min. Come back if you do with a link to your. I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete