Sunday, August 12, 2012

Naked Palette Nails

Jordana - "Cabaret"
Sally Hansens - "Golden"

So here are my "Naked" nails.  I have wanted this palette FOREVER! At $50 the price kept me back as well as the fact that I have purchased things that have similar colors.  But after going to the mall maybe 5 or 6 times now drooling over it, I just splurged.  I love the look of this palette.  The velvety matte brown and the sleek gold lines shining through.  So I tried to recreate an abstract look on my nails using Jordana's - Cabaret, Sally Hansen's Golden and Essie's - Matte About You top coat.  This was a hard manicure!! The matte top coat is unforgiving! I started with a coat of the Golden and a quick dry top coat.  Then I used striping tape from KKCenterHK to place randomly on my nail.  Next I applied the Cabaret and let it sit just a couple of minute before I went over it with the Matte About You.  The tricky part was since the matte top coat dried so quickly I have to be fast at removing the striping tape.  And the tape can be a little sticky.  I wound up having to do a couple of nails over but overall a little bit messy but I really liked it.  It was my first time using the matte top coat in this way so, trial and error.  But I get the gist of it.  Since I showed the outside of the palette I might as well show you the inside.  PRETTY right?! I might have similar colors already but they do not compare to the vibrancy of these colors.  They are so smooth to apply as well.  There is a Naked Palette second edition that came out a bit ago but I like this one better.  In my opinion this one has a better color range.  You can do a mean smokey eye with Naked 1 but with Naked 2 the darkest color other than the black is a medium plum you would really have to pile on to get it deep shade.  Anyway before you go check out my giveaway page.  Just send a quick email with your favorite summer manicure attached to enter into the Summer Giveaway.   Thanks for visiting!!

7 comments:

  1. I love the way that the black polish is on a thicker level, it makes it seem like there's channels of lava under some rock! really want the naked pallette too, but i think i'll stick with your mani :3 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Such a clever source of inspiration. You really executed it well- I love the way the dark parts are more raised and your use of matte topcoat was ingenious (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. Matte top coats are so tricky. But I got some more inspiration from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design!! Very cool looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative:)
    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete