Monday, May 21, 2012

Betsey Johnson Bag Nail Inspiration


I did this manicure a bit ago but never posted it.  I don't know how I could have forgot, it's so cute. I was at Marshall's with my sister the other day and came across this cute Betsey Johnson bag.  It was this blag bag with a cute floral pattern.  It looked easy enough to re-create on my nails so I gave it a try.  This was my first time doing flowers.  I used a small nail art brush from Michael's ($3, also handy for cleaning up the cuticles after completing a manicure).  In Nail Nerd's blog she has a quick & easy tutorial.  I first applied a black base with white polka dots.  I put a top coat of Seche Vite so I can get straight to work on the flowers.  For the leaves I used OPI's - Uh Oh Roll Down the Window and for the flowers: the center color is Forever 21's color in Beige and the petals are NYC's In a New York Minute as well as Color Club's Pink Luster.  It was really simple and didn't take long.

On another note I purchased some Revlon ColorStay polishes.  Wow! These are really pretty.  I'm going to swatch them tonight and post some coupon information.  Thanks for visiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment