Friday, May 25, 2012

Rite Aid Nail Extravaganza

Inspired by Nailside
I'm so excited to have submitted my nail art to the Rite Aid Nail Extravaganza contest.  Today is the last day to submit.  I believe they will choose the top 10, then the public will vote for a winner beginning June 12th.  There are hundreds of really good submissions.  My manicure for this entry was inspired by blogger Nailside's - Explosion tape manicure.  Her work is so awesome & I finally, with much practice was able to figure out the tape placement for the explosion.  I did have to use Seche Vite in between each layer of polish because of time restrictions with my boys but I was able to get it all out neatly.  Also since I had that layer of Seche Vite in between, wherever there was a mistake I was able to take my tiny paint brush with acetone and quickly fix it without ruining the rest of the application.  It was pretty fun to do & was inspirational for other manicures I plan on doing.  I used Revlon's - Metallic, Santee's - Black & China Glaze's - Pretty in Pink.  Thanks for visiting!!

2 comments: