Monday, July 2, 2012

Giraffe Watch Inspiration


    Spot Sinful Colors Nirvana          
 Base Yellow: Color Club's "Almost Famous"
   Top Coat Yellow: Orly's "Live Wire" 
  

My sister is a watch fanatic so when I saw this cute watch I ordered it for her.  Then the more I looked at it, the more I thought how cute the pattern would look on my nails.  I didn't go with the same color scheme as the watch.  I wanted to go brighter for summer and because it stood out more.  I applied 2 coats of Almost Famous and added 1 coat of Live Wire on top to add the pretty shimmer which these pictures don't catch at all.  I tried to get different lighting for each picture but neither do it justice.  I did this manicure late so no sun and the next morning was muggy so no sun then either.  It's really pretty in person. All I used was a dotting tool which can easily be substituted with a bobby pin or even pen or pencil.  I tried to keep the pattern semi-squarish.  The Seche Vite really pulled this up so I had to do major touch ups once it was completely dry.  If anyone has a good fast drying top coat out there they can recommend please do. I don't know how much longer I can work with Seche Vite.  It shrinks just way too much for me.  I'm posting my SUMMER GIVEAWAY  this week so peek back for that.  Thanks for visiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment