Saturday, July 7, 2012

Learning to Write Inspiration

Base Color: H&M "Lavender Luster Duo"
Lines: Loreal "Dreamer"
                  L.A. Girl "Soft Red"
Writing: Santee "Black"
Pencil: Color Club "Almost Famous"
Eraser: Sally Hansen "Espresso"
 Metal Band: Revlon "Metallic"

I was teaching my son how to write his name today when I had the idea to re-create it on my nails.  Every mom should do this, Joshua has been getting a kick out of this all day.  It also made me wonder why pre-school writing paper was brownish and not just white.  Anyway this was a really easy cute manicure.  Mostly just some lines and a steady hand.  The thumb was pretty easy as well.  I used 1 piece of tape to make the yellow bottom half of the pencil as straight as I can.  It didn't really matter if I messed up on the pencil or eraser because I was going to go over both with the Metallic color.  Try it!  I have the Summer Giveaway gift all ready to go, I just have to take pictures of it.  It's been busy at work for me with the July 4th holiday but I'll get the pictures up tomorrow.  Thanks for visiting!!

5 comments:

  1. awww this is so sweet!! you did a great job on this mani (: what did your son think of it? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's 3 1/2 and he kept trying th show people when we were out my nails saying, J-O-S-H. It actually helped him learn the letters lol. By the way I loooooove your blog & again it was awesome to see that you commented on mine!!!! Thanks again!!

      Delete
  2. Amazing!!!

    http://natcosmetics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lili! I'm loooking at your blog right now and your stuff looks amazing!!

      Delete